Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging for the Public Sector
January 17th & 24th, 2024 | 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST | Online
The Government Sector is committed to increasing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging in the workplace, to ensure safety, security, respect and fairness within Diverse
The DEIB for Public Sector training allows government specialists, managers and officers to engage effectively within diverse contexts. The four modules will benefit employees by improving their performance, and acquiring tools to foster inclusive workplaces, manage conflicts, and develop a global mindset.
The DEIB course for the Public Sector is designed to raise awareness on what Diversity truly means, how it should be handled, and why it should be valued.
Who Should Attend
This training course is relevant for all public sector employees at all levels including:
CEO/COO/CDO/CFO and their teams & CHROs and Heads of DE&I
Change Management and Organizational Development Leaders
Recruitment & Retention Leaders, Managers and Teams
All Human Resources Leaders, Managers and Teams
Health and Wellbeing Leaders, Managers and Teams
Get better acquainted with DEIB terminologies such as diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging.
Recognize and mitigate bias in decision-making and workplace environments.
Learn how to build an inclusive and psychologically safe workplace and help foster a sense of belonging.
Set accountable action steps to benchmark your DEIB strategy in the short and long term.
Meet Your Facilitator
Intercultural Competence Trainer
Irma is an Intercultural Competence Trainer with more than 25 years of experience in the corporate world. She’s an expert in the fields of People Skills for Leaders, and Communication across cultures. A global citizen, based in Canada, a keynote speaker, author and columnist, Irma has worked and lived in Europe, the UK, the US and the Middle East.
Irma’s clients include Fortune 500 company executives, Public Sector and government officials, and international corporate leaders. Her pieces of training involve enhancing leadership brand and developing negotiation & communication skills within a global framework, where bridging cultural gaps and sensitivities is a must for success.
In today’s world, companies and organizations thrive on multiculturalism. Irma believes that communication is at the core of any successful and effective collaboration. This calls for customized intercultural competence training for government officials, and public sector agents. With this in mind, Irma has designed a cross-cultural communication course to develop stakeholders’ engagement and exude trust while sustaining equitable and inclusive outcomes among multicultural and diverse communities.
Fundamentals of DEI & Self-Exploration
- An Introduction to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- DEI Discussion – Icebreaker
- Exploring Key terms of DEIB
- Understanding the multiple layers of Diversity
- Personal-Awareness – Key concepts for effective communication
- Self-Awareness Activity
- Benefits of DEIB training in the workplace
- Exploring Diversity & Inclusion: Insights and Challenges
- Understanding Diversity within Diverse communities
- Importance of Diversity & Inclusion in the Public Sector
- Cultural Competence for engaging within Diverse Communities
- Why do Diversity Programs fail?
Building Psychological Safety
Creating a Psychologically Safe Environment for Healthy and Effective Engagements
- Identifying Key Factors for Effective Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Building Trust and Confidence within Teams
- The Four Stages of Psychological Safety
- Psychological Safety Activity
- Different forms of Biases & Unconscious Bias
- How to reduce the influence of Bias
Creating a Sense of Belonging
Developing a Sense of Belonging
- The impediments to Inclusion
- Strategies for Intentionally Inclusive Leadership
- The importance Empathy
- Understanding the concept of Privilege
- Reflecting on Privilege – Activity
- Motivational Drive to Foster Effectiveness
- Practicing Micro-affirmation
Connecting the dots
Managing Stakeholder Engagements
- Managing Conflict Better
- Giving/Receiving Feedback Properly
- Conflict Management Group Work
- The Power of Conscious Allyship
- Allyship Action Plan
Applying the lessons learned.