Strategies to Speed Up Technology Adoption to Overcome to Public Safety Challenges
Today’s roles of law enforcement and first responders extends beyond traditional crime and emergency response. Now more than ever, these are impacted by socio-political challenges, emerging technologies and changes in demographics. The usual methods are no longer enough to fight new and constantly changing forms of crime and incident response to keep the citizens safe.
To keep up with an environment that’s constantly shifting, law enforcement and first responder services need to adjust their models and focus on these realities as well as evolving citizen expectations. Embracing innovation, cross-sector collaboration, digital initiatives, and workforce transformation is crucial.
Join the summer edition of our Defence, Security and Justice National Insights virtual event series to get the latest insights and highlights on how public safety agencies stay connected to mission-critical information. This event will explore and share the realities of emerging tools and technology to enhance, support, and showcase your service delivery.
Benefits of Attending
A Sneak Peek Of Your Expert Speakers
Deputy Chief of Police
Barrie Police Service
Deputy Fire Chief
City of St.Catharines
Paramedic Chiefs of Canada (PCC)
Dr. Tina Saryeddine
Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs
The Association of Black Law Enforcers (A.B.L.E)
Value and Impact Division
Edmonton Police Service
Wondering about the crime in your neighbourhood? Interpreting the Statistics to Measure How Enforcement and Prevention Initiatives Are Working
- Understanding the crime statistics to identify trends and to make evidence-based decisions models
- How to research and data analysis will assist with preparing and responding to emergencies in the communities
- Evaluate various interactive and easy-to-use mapping tools
Protecting the Protectors: Safeguarding from Physical, Natural and Unplanned and Events
- What are the lessons we have learnt from the past in protecting our First Responders?
- What are some of the technologies used to protect the officers while they are on call?
- What are the various functional information and mental tools available for the safety of the first responders?
- What are your top tips to best prepare and retain workforce for what’s to come?
- What approaches can you take to create a ‘protective’ workplace culture? How can you overcome the difficulties in implementing
- this culture?
Embedding Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Standards into Staff Hiring, Retention, Processes and Policies
- What are the hiring principles related to and serving the public, including accommodation based on gender, gender identity, disability, creed and other protected grounds?
- How to overcome the pitfalls in the current recruiting process?
- To retain your staff, what are some of the equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) practices?
- How can you best support a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) as you lead through change?
What Your Peers Had to Say
Our Event Partners
Interested in sponsoring? Contact Andrew Cowan by phone (1-647-459-8904) or email ([email protected])