Rethinking EVP and
Talent Management in Government
Tuesday 15 & 22 August 2023 | 10:30am – 2:30pm AEST | Online
Mastering the Art of Creating a Winning Employee Proposition
It is become increasingly challenging to attract and retain talent. The public sector is experiencing a shortfall in data and technology skills. The public sector is finding it harder to compete with the private sector with their uncapped compensations and move towards flexible working arrangements.
As government organisations focus on reform, economic development and digital transformation – the right talent is more important than ever. It is time for HR and Organisational Development Specialists to take a step back and reevaluate what it means to be an employer of choice; as well as rethink what it means to work for the public sector today.
This hands-on, interactive workshop style training will enable HR and Workforce leaders to understand current and prospective employees, identify key generational shifts, unpack their aspirations, rethink benefits and develop new programs.
Who Should Attend
HR Business Partners
People and Culture
Talent and Recruitment
From the following functions:
Heads of, Directors, Manager, Lead
Review and update your employer value proposition (EVP) to meet today’s workforce demands
Emphasize the influence employees can make in their work and determine employee sentiment
Build an employer brand and learn how to better market your organisation as an employer of choice
Learn about emerging employment trends and generational shifts
Meet Your Facilitator
Global Coach, Consultant,
Trainer & Speaker
Prina Shah is a modern workplace thought leader and HR strategist who helps CEOs, HR Teams, and Business Leaders seeking to make positive culture change happen in themselves and in their organisations.
Passionate about developing practical tools and frameworks that enable the modern workplace and empower teams to unlock their potential, she is especially interested in redefining processes from legacy, box-ticking exercises to opportunities to reinvigorate teams.
Prina has a BSc in Sociology and Social Psychology and a Diploma in Professional Coaching and is accredited in LSI, GSI, OCI, OEI, DISC Advanced, PRINT, and the Emotional Culture Deck.
Prior to this, she held senior leadership roles in the WA public sector. Prina has honed her expertise with over 20 years of leadership experience within the Not-for-Profit, Public Sector, and utility sectors in London, Sydney, and Perth.
Understanding Trends and Generational Shifts
- Understanding workplace shifts
- Generational shifts and key employment trends
- The psychological contract: From Quiet Quitting to the Great Resignation
- Looking beyond the buzz words and what does this mean
- New expectations of leaders
- New expectations of employees
- Where does your workforce sit and how does this change your approach to attraction and retention
- Understanding the Employee Value Proposition (EVP)
- What is an EVP, and why is it important?
- The role of EVP in attracting and retaining talent
- Examples of companies with strong EVPs and how they benefit from them
Adopting a CX lens
- Adopting a CX lens
- Why does a government agency need an EVP?
- What is customer experience and why is it important?
- Applying the CX lens to the employee life cycle
- Developing an Effective EVP
- Identifying the key components of an effective EVP (canvas)
- Aligning the EVP with the company’s mission, vision, and values
- Conducting research and gathering data to inform the development of an EVP (gain the employee perspective
- Developing a messaging framework (comms plan) for the EVP
- Best practice EVP e.gs
- Breakout Group Activity: Start working on your EVP
- Using the lessons learned so far you will kick off working on your Employee Value Proposition
Engaging your Workforce
- Share your EVP examples
- Recap on last session and what we covered
- Recap on best practice EVPs
- How to engage with your workforce to create your EVP
- Creating an employee session for co design
- Examples of best practice ways you can create a buzz to develop your EVP as a codesigned document which is owneb by the whole org, not just HR!
- Communicating your EVP
- The importance of communicating the EVP to both internal and external stakeholders
- Different channels for communicating the EVP, including social media, job postings, and employee testimonials
- Evaluating your EVPUsing the lessons learned you will continue working on your Employee Value Proposition
- How to evaluate the effectiveness of an EVP in attracting and retaining top talent
- Learn about different metrics for measuring the success of an EVP, including employee engagement, retention rates, and employer brand perception
- Group discussion on how to use data to refine and improve the EVP over time
Extra Early Bird
until September 29
per person + GST
until November 3
per person + GST
per person + GST