Tuesday, 28 February 2023 | 9:30am – 4:45pm AEDT | Online
Driving Greater Cohesion, Productivity, and Well-Being in the Public Sector
A recent survey of public sector employees across ANZ has revealed something we all know – people enjoy working in government for three main reasons; the opportunity to do meaningful work, working with great people, and worker well-being.
The average government employee has had to work at a faster pace and had to adapt to the seismic workplace changes. It’s no surprise then, that public sector employee resilience has taken a hit with a 12% drop across the board.
The Optimising Teams training will give you an opportunity to go back to the drawing board, and encourage you to reflect on your team objectives, personal goals, and purpose with a view to uplifting resilience, well-being, and performance.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for heads, directors, assistant directors, managers, and team leaders, charged with driving transformation change in all three levels of government including:
People & Culture
Organisational & Capability Development
Performance Development & Management
Practical Tips & Strategies
Building a cohesive,
supportive and enabling culture
Frame Your Team Objective
goals to team objectives to optimise performance
Moving away from box-ticking to a value-add exercise
Roadmap & Value Proposition
Building psychological wellbeing & safety in the workplace
Meet Your Facilitator
Global Coach, Consultant, Trainer & Speaker
Prina Shah is a modern workplace thought leader and HR strategist who helps CEOs, HR Teams, and Business Leaders seeking to make positive culture change happen in themselves and in their organisations.
Passionate about developing practical tools and frameworks that enable the modern workplace and empower teams to unlock their potential, she is especially interested in redefining processes from legacy, box-ticking exercises to opportunities to reinvigorate teams.
Prina has a BSc in Sociology and Social Psychology and a Diploma in Professional Coaching and is accredited in LSI, GSI, OCI, OEI, DISC Advanced, PRINT, and the Emotional Culture Deck.
Since 2015 she runs her own successful business with a diverse client base and supports and challenges her clients to discover and reach their true potential by implementing practical tools and methods to develop strategies that create positive and lasting change.
Prior to this, she held senior leadership roles in the WA public sector. Prina has honed her expertise with over 20 years of leadership experience within the Not-for-Profit, Public Sector, and utility sectors in London, Sydney, and Perth. In addition, she hosts a podcast “Ways to Change the Workplace” where she interviews business and people leaders on trends, shifts, and innovations that are transforming the workplace and the way we work.
Framing your Narrative to Build Team Engagement
- The History of Teams
- Contextualising your Team: why is it important
- Teams through the ages
- The evolution of teams in a corporate setting
- Teams Today and Teams of the Future
- Identifying the different types of modern teams
- The key factors that influence team evolution
- Future analysis: where to from here
Practical Tips to Effectively Manage Diverse Teams
- Stage of Teams – Where do you sit?
- Mapping out the stages of teams
- Understanding how mapping impacts performance and purpose
- Analysis of teams positioning
- Best Practice Team Hygiene
- Practices and behaviours to motivate, uplift, and empower
- Embedding hygiene practices
- Adapting team hygiene for remote, hybrid, and flexible work
Leading to Empower and Uplift Team Performance
- The Evolving Role of Managers
- Changing role of managers since the pandemic
- Unlocking your leadership skills from managers to leaders
- Creating Psychological Safety, Belonging, and Followership
- Creating an environment where staff can speak up, without fear of humiliation
- Retributing practical tips to optimise participation
- Building cohesion
Continuous Team Optimisation
- Creating a Culture of Continuous Team Optimisation
- Performance Development Vs Performance Management
- Practical tools to optimise productivity and performance
- Keeping burn-out at bay
- Defining Your Team Brand
- Why is it important to define your team brand
- What is a team brand
- Translating purpose to your brand