Supporting mental health, wellbeing and resilience through holistic workplace strategies
It is often presumed that an employee’s mental illness is mostly caused by factors outside of the workplace. However, a particular work environment or a workplace incident can cause considerable stress and exacerbate, or contribute to, the development of mental illness.
As we navigate the changing boundaries of work and home life, it has become crucial for organisations to support the wellbeing of their employees both in the workplace and beyond.
Through an innovative mix of lecture-style presentations, interactive group exercises, and expert feedback, the Driving Wellbeing Through Leadership online training session will allow participants to increase organisational agility, streamline processes and implement modern wellbeing programs.
Participants will leave with both theoretical and practical knowledge, as well as implementable strategies, they can embed in future projects and share
with their multidisciplinary teams.
Meet Your Facilitator
Malcolm Dawes, Managing Director, dta WORLDWIDE
Malcolm Dawes is the most sought-after authority on people’s performance and effectiveness. He is a recognised expert in showing people how to increase their interaction effectiveness through behavioural change. For many years, Malcolm has experienced first-hand the struggles senior executives face with accelerating the performance of their teams.
He has worked in organisations going through huge changes due to mergers; downsizing and the global financial crisis. More recently he has worked with many teams on emotional intelligence and resilience through the global pandemic. He also managed his own business through these challenging times, ensuring it stayed operational and delivering to a depleted client pool.
Module One – Wellbeing Fundamentals
Belief – Emotion – Behaviour – Model
- Breakout Activity – An Introduction to Trust
- Activity Feedback – Creating your model of trust
Emotional Intelligence Principles
- Briefing – Case Study Preparation Briefing
- Training Day 1 Close
Module Two – Emotional Intelligence
Review of Last Week
- Questions, queries and concerns
Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Resilience
- What is resilience and how do we get it?
- How does EI link to resilience?
The Ten Attributes of Emotional Power
- Unpacking the ten attributes of emotional power
- Understanding how the ‘Emotional Power Model’ can benefit your team
Breakout Activity: Four Resilience Attributes
- Demonstrating and using the attributes in a work setting
Group Discussion: Attributes Feedback
Group Project: Case Study Review
- Applying emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Receiving professional feedback and constructive criticism from the training facilitator
- Discussing best practices and top tips for applying EI through leadership