Advancing Data Governance in the Public Sector
Embedding Policies and Practices to Enable Modernisation
Monday, 22 & 29 April 2024
10:00am - 2:30pm AEST
Next intake: Monday, 22 & 29 April 2024 | 10:00am - 2:30pm AEST
Without modern data governance, 8 out of 10 digital business expansions will fail. Public sector CDAOs prioritise data governance as it fuels data-driven innovation and streamlines services for citizens. Yet, data volume explosion, increased sharing, and complex organizational structures elevate the challenge of data governance for public agencies. Recognising this, public sector data professionals are ditching the ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach and crafting tailored data governance models.
PSN’s Advancing Data Governance in Public Sector course equips data governance experts with future-proofed policies and practical insights to navigate the complexities of the public sector. Based on a proven framework built on real-world public sector success stories, this course will provide even the most mature data specialists with key insights.
Who Should Attend?This course is designed for designers, specialists, editors, and officers, in charge of transforming all three levels of government, including:
Advancing Data Governance in the Public Sector
- Gain insights and practical tools to modernise data governance in your organisation.
- Learn from a renowned expert and network with peers facing similar challenges.
- Develop a customised roadmap for successful data governance implementation.
Familiarity with the topic is required
Get this course using credits with a Premium subscription. Learn more
This course requires 1 credit.
This course offers a comprehensive and interactive learning experience to equip public sector professionals with the skills and knowledge to modernise their data governance practices and drive successful digital transformation.
A Refresher on Data Governance 101
- Reiterating the need for Data Governance in a public sector context
- Unpacking Data Governance: Framework and Structure
- A Chief Data Officer’s Data Governance priorities
Understanding the Key Elements of a ‘Good’ Data Governance Policy
- What is the purpose and benefit of a Data Governance Policy
- Definitions across the Data and Analytics spectrum
- Assessing the applicability and principles
Establishing a Data Governance Framework and Policy
- How to embed data governance: Mindsets and behaviours
- Unpacking data stewardship and lines of responsibility
- Communication to optimising take-up
Managing Data at Different Stages of its Lifecycle
- Uncovering the lifecycle of your data
- Defining accountability at each stage
- Guidelines for making data-related decisions at each stage
Developing a Fit-for-Purpose Data Governance Model
- Crafting a data governance policy
- Establishing an understanding of the key pillars of data governance: People, Process, Information, Technology and Data
- Key considerations: Creating a roadmap and data governance model to close the gap
Evaluating Data Governance Maturity
- Defining maturity levels and the determining characteristics
- Assessing your current maturity levels vs. future state maturity level
A Capability-based Approach to Improving Data Governance Maturity
- An overview of Business Architecture
- Understanding Capability modelling
- Applying these principles to improve data governance maturity
KPIs and Monitoring Effectiveness of your Policies and Strategy
- Defining the KPIs of Data Governance
- Establishing what good looks like
- Capturing, monitoring and visualising metrics
Embedding Data Governance and Setting up for Continuous Improvement
- Creating a community of practice
- Stakeholder engagement and change management
- Tailoring a data governance initiative brief
Meet Your Facilitator
Managing Director and Principal Consultant, Strategic Architects
Forget digital dead ends! Nigel’s expertise in data, cloud, and enterprise architecture has revitalized governments, businesses, and non-profits. He’s a renowned coach, trainer, and author, sharing his insights on “Data to Insight” and demystifying AI on his popular “AI Friday” series.
Join this training for professionals working within the Public Sector
Pay for individual courses
Ends 8 Mar
$995per person + tax 16% saving
Ends 19 Apr
$1195per person + tax
Additional discounts are available for group registrations of 10 or more. For group or payment enquiries or custom training solutions, please contact [email protected]
Achieve great value with our customised subscription plans.
Become a member today and upgrade to Premium to access training credits and much more...
Unlock public content, complimentary events, training courses and vital Insights$0 per year Join Now
Exclusive Basic Member Benefits:
- Access benchmark case studies and deep dive white papers and reports
- Connect & collaborate with public sector peers
- Discover and explore solutions tailored for government in Marketplace
Enhance your learning experience with our Premium Services$A 2895 + GST for 12 months Get Started
Includes all Basic Member Benefits, plus:
- Masterclasses: Complimentary signup for ANY available Masterclasses in your region, including exclusive masterclass content
- 4 training credits* which can be used to cover up to 4 courses
- Access to 'private çommunity of practice' groups for your masterclass or courses
Team up to take your learning to the next level
Includes all Basic and Premium Member Benefits, plus:
- Dedicated account manager
- Tailor-made training programs with flexible training credits which can be shared across your team across many courses.
- Access to 'private çommunity of practice' for team members who have signed up for specific masterclasses or courses
* Most full-day Public Sector Network courses (which may be split over two days) will require one credit. Most two day courses (which may be split over multiple days) will require two credits. Check the details for individual courses
Customised in-house options available for teams
Interested in any of our online trainings?
You can also choose to have them delivered in house. We will work closely with our inspiring session facilitators to tailor the content around the key development areas your team are prioritising, shape the learning outcomes around your core departmental challenges and make the most of your L&D and upskilling budget.Enquire here for more information