Customer Journey Mapping in the Public Sector
March 18 & 25, 2024 | 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST | Online
Reengineering the Customer Journey: Building your CJM Practice
“Seamless customer experience is the key to creating a positive experience between citizen and their government entities. But the acceleration of digital tools and multiple points of interaction had added many layers of complexity to service delivery.
Despite the emerging challenges, the public sector continues to transform service delivery to support citizens throughout all stages of life. Today, with almost all aspects of life being digitally enabled, the number of government services delivered online continues to grow along with the expectations of consumers.
Despite the progress to date, service providers must continue to work proactively to bridge the divide between citizen expectations and their multichannel experiences. Innovative methodology and technology can be used to reimagine customer journeys to reinvent service design, identify pain points, amend infrastructure deficits, and ensure that public confidence in government is supported by positive experiences with them.
Through an innovative mix of lecture-style presentations, interactive group exercises, and expert feedback, the Customer Journey Mapping in the Public Sector online training session series will allow participants to improve CX by learning how to map, analyze and engage with each stage of their citizen’s journey to transform service delivery and align with organizational purpose.
Under the guidance of our expert facilitator, this training session series will equip attendees with human-centered approaches that help to tackle growing expectations, fluctuating demand and
changing operational environments.
Participants will leave with both theoretical and practical knowledge, as well as implantable strategies they can embed in future projects and share with their multidisciplinary teams.”
Who Should Attend
Public Sector professionals who are responsible for:
Customer/citizen experience; Service delivery; Online Services
Call Centers; Project Management
Understand what citizen/customer journey mapping is
and how to map the citizen’s experience.
How to improve the citizen experience and improve your organization’s efficiency.
Learn and implement different methodologies to map a customer journey.
Clarify who else you should involve in your customer
journey mapping projects and create a business case to win senior stakeholder buy-in.
Meet Your Facilitator
Catherine Gauthier, M.SC. CCXP
CX4 Lab & Certified Customer Experience
Catherine Gauthier is a certified customer experience professional (CCXP) with over 16 years of experience in analyzing and planning, at both strategic and operational levels, the delivery of services for customers (in various industries, including B2B, B2C and for government departments and agencies).
She is passionate about customer experience, inspired by Design Thinking & Service Design methods, and on the lookout for new market trends. Catherine has been involved in more than 50 projects for the development of customer experience departments, the mapping of customer journeys, the creation of personas, the deployment of organizational transformation strategies, the development of human capital as well as the implementation of technologies related to customer experience (CRM, CJO, CDP, VOC, call center software, E-commerce).
A real team player, she can mobilize employees toward the achievement of results and business objectives. As a good communicator, she shares her thought leadership about CX at conferences and has created various learning programs about CX. Since 2017, she has lectured at HEC Montreal for undergraduate and executive continuous studies programs. She is the co-founder of the CXPA Quebec community and is
now a member of the board of directors for CXPA Canada.
Fundamentals of Customer Journey Mapping
- From Customer Experience (citizen experience) to CustomerJourney Mapping: what are the fundamentals of CX that drive Customer Journey mapping activities
- What are customer journey maps, why they are important to tell the story of a citizen’s (customer) experiences and satisfaction with government services?
- Methodologies to create CJM (including an introduction to Design Thinking & Service Design)
- How the customer journey maps can be used to drive seamless CX to citizens and improve organization’s efficiency.
- Customer Journey Mapping is a team effort: getting the right
stakeholder together to ensure a successful project
How CJM could benefit your agency’s current services and identifying the pitfalls to avoid when implementing CJM
Mapping the Customer Journey
- Creating a purpose to your CJM, by establishing a value-driven approach to journey mapping that helps to guide decision-making and informed service design and delivery
- The scope, depth and types of CJM
- Navigating through the swimlanes of customer journey maps: what to include in your CJM and which tools to use to map
- Research Wall: gathering the VoC, the VoE and all the data about the experience
- Starting small to win your organization’s buy-in: prioritizing experiences to maps and building your business case
Breakout Activity – Co-Development
Uncovering together potential challenges in implementing Customer Journey Mapping within our agencies.