Adapting for a More Resilient Enterprise in the Next Normal
Cyber security is a top-of-mind concern for all governments as digital transformation has changed the citizen engagement process. Further, the rapid and innovative development of new technologies threatens to undermine organizations’ current cyber security protocols – thus necessitating continuous improvement to risk management protocols and processes. Organizations need to stay agile and responsive to change by ensuring they balance technological improvements with skills upgrades among staff, to ensure a cyber risk ready culture within their organization.
The winter edition of Public Sector Network’s Cyber Security & Risk Management National Insights Series, will provide takeaways and practical ideas for overcoming the greatest cyber security challenges within your organization. This event will provide a forum to discover strategies and tactics you need to build a culture of resilience and awareness, to help you prepare for your next cyber security threat.
Benefits of Attending
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
OSS Security Advocate | Project Co-Leader
Office of the Auditor General of British Columbia
Director, Information Security & Data Stewardship
Donald von Hollen
Team Lead – Security Risk Analysis and Design Corporate Security
City of Calgary
Eastern Carolina Chapter Lead
Women + Cybersecurity = Women’s Society of Cyberjutsu
Tabitha Gallo CISSP, CISA, CIPM, PCIP
Cloud Security Architect
Dr. Sukhwant Sagar
Program Coordinator (Cybersecurity Graduate Certificate)
Senior I&IT Consultant
Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
An organizational holistic approach to cyber security
- Exploring company wide procedures for threat detection and cyber risk response
- Mitigating cyber risk by creating a culture of resilience through security practices (eg: authorized devices, proper data collection, etc.) and awareness among employees
Best practices in creating a cyber aware culture
- With hybrid workspace becoming a new reality, what policies are needed to reduce risk in a less controlled environment?
- What are some best practices for whole organization cyber training and how do you ensure all employees are following protocols?
- How should you respond when a breach occurs? How can this be used as an educational opportunity to improve awareness and practices?
- What are some tips on incorporating cyber risk management into the organization’s overalls strategy?
Improving organizational readiness by reducing your cyber security knowledge gap
- Cyber Security is a team sport: adopt a matrix IT organization to build a resilient cyber security culture; supporting digital transformation.
- Introduce learning plans to develop cyber security skills across business to improve organizational readiness; explore external retainers for highly specialized roles such as DFIR
Protecting your data during a time of accelerated digital transformation
- Examining the current threats (i.e. ransomware, phishing, data breaches, etc.) and how data can be compromised in a hack
- Uncovering the various ways public sector organizations are protecting their data from these threats
Privacy, Risk, and Security Concerns in a Cloud First Era
- Recognizing and adapting to a shared responsibility model for security and compliance when leveraging the cloud
- Best practices and tips on risk mitigation and closing the security gaps
Strategies for enhancing your organization’s cyber security posture
- What are the benefits and challenges of using White Hat hackers to find flaws in your cyber security system?
- What are some detection and prevention controls used and how is it different for managing internal vs external risk?
- How do you test your existing controls for effectiveness and when is change needed?
- As technology is continuously improving and evolving, how do you keep up with these changes and ensure that your cyber security system is up to date?
What Your Peers Had to Say
Our Event Partners
Interested in sponsoring? Contact Andrew Cowan by phone (1-647-459-8904) or email ([email protected])