Enabling Innovation: Build Resiliency. Manage Risk. Secure the Future
Digital technologies are now an integral part of our daily lives, with new developments emerging daily. As we embrace digital technologies for their tremendous benefits, we can open ourselves up to threats. Criminals and other malicious cyber threat actors take advantage of security gaps, low cyber security awareness, and technological developments to compromise cyber systems. They steal personal and financial information, intellectual property, and citizen data. They disrupt and sometimes destroy the infrastructure that we rely on for essential services and our way of life.
Public Sector Network’s Cyber Security & Risk Management National Insights – Spring Edition will share strategies to protect Canadians from cybercrime, respond to evolving threats, and defend critical government systems. The government thought leaders will discuss their approach to cyber design and resilience. The event will highlight case studies and provoke conversation to help you guide your organization to a more innovative, more secure cyber future.
Benefits of Attending
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
General Manager Information Technology
City of Guelph
Canadian Cyber Threat Exchange (CCTX)
Records and Information Services
City of London
Director Access to Information and Privacy
City of Vancouver
Information Technology Manager
Township of Esquimalt
Detective Constable – Coordinated Cyber Centre (C3)
Toronto Police Service
Senior Technology and Policy Advisor
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
Manager of Information Services
Capital Regional District
Compliance Officer – Security
Compliance, Risk and Privacy Technical Specialist
Privacy, Risk and Compliance Officer
Cyber Security Global Alliance
Developing an Innovative and Adaptive Cyber Ecosystem
- Examine the frequency of cyberattacks such as ransomware attacks and develop strategies to mitigate them
- Investigate security operations systems such as patch management to protect the organization from threat
Privacy in a Cloud First Era
With 58% of data breaches in 2020 involved personal data, Privacy is top of mind for organizations and consumers today, and concerns about how private data is handled are steadily increasing. Legislation across the globe are responding to such concerns, resulting in the data privacy regulation landscape that is more complex than ever. With increasing complexities and changes in the regulatory landscape, organizations must ensure privacy remains central to their business. To do so organizations are looking to support educating and empowering employees to make privacy compliant decisions, driving policy awareness and automating these policies to improve productivity and reduce costs.
Join us for this session as we aim to simplify some of the complexity around data privacy and explore safeguarding personal data and building a privacy resilient workplace.
Takeaways From the Apache Log4j Vulnerability
Securing Your Data with Multi-Layer Protection
Steeve Martin, Sales Engineer, CrowdStrike
Build a Strong Enterprise Security Architecture Framework to Boost Your Cyber Security
- Understand how to determine the internal security needs and gaps when creating a security architecture framework
- Evaluating how incorporating zero trust into your framework can protect your organization from vulnerabilities like zero-day attacks
Records Management; People, Process, Policy & Technology
Implementing a Proactive Approach to Protect Your Citizens Data from Cyber Security Breaches
- What are important considerations when you are designing and implementing a robust security response plan?
- How can utilizing traditional mechanisms like access control protect your organization against threats?
- How can you empower your employees to be compliant with procedures?
- What is your organization’s process to determine if your current cybersecurity preventative measures are effective and up to date?
- What are some of the innovative technologies to strengthen your defences against threat actors
- What are your top tips for improving cyber resilience and creating a robust cyber strategy?
Our Event Partners
Platinum & Silver
Interested in sponsoring? Contact Andrew Cowan by phone (1-647-459-8904) or email ([email protected])