Re-Evaluating Patient Journeys for Greater Outcomes and Truly Integrated Healthcare
Tuesday, 30 May 2023 | 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM AEST | Online
Investigating personas, journey maps and service blueprints to inform better decisions
The Australian healthcare system is under increasing strain. With worker shortages, the present state of medicare and lingering effects of the pandemic, it will come as no surprise that patient experience has taken hit. Conversely, the current situation has revealed significant opportunities for digital and telehealth to alleviate the strain and uplift patient outcomes.
The Re-Evaluating Patient Journeys for Greater Outcomes and Truly Integrated Healthcare has been developed to give patient experience specialists the opportunity navigate the system through a patient’s perspective.
In this interactive session you will be given the tools and frameworks to uncover personas and rethink end-to-end patient journeys with the view to redesign and improve processes for better health outcomes.
The exercise of creating these artefacts will enable you to look past the complex systems and “noise”; identify gaps and broken processes and provide you with powerful insights to effect positive change.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for directors, managers, heads, specialists, officers and project managers, in charge of transforming all three levels of government including:
Integrated Care and
Safety & Quality
Map out the end -to-end patient journey so you can identify the biggest gaps and opportunities for improvement
Understand how you can remove siloes and harmonise disparate systems
Learn how you can start drawing up a service blueprint
Understand how you can apply these learnings across platforms to deliver a greater patient experience
Meet Your Facilitator
Pete Saunders Consulting
Pete Saunders calls himself a strategy nerd playing at the intersection of design, experience, technology, and operations. His focus is on improving experience and outcomes through service design, patient mapping, innovation, digital strategy, and commercialisation, working with health and education clients, as well as government at a State and Federal level.
He has also been COO at TALi Health (ASX:TD1), a software-as-a-medical-device company, and previously founded and commercialised a health-tech start up.
His diverse work experience and background in design, marketing, and advertising gives Pete a unique perspective and a variety of tools to effectively solve challenging and impactful problems in complex systems. This results in improved outcomes for those who need it the most.
The Benefits and Obstacles of Patient Journey Mapping
- The Benefits of Journey Mapping and Patient Experience in Healthcare
- Understanding the benefits: from improving services and the patient experience to identifying areas for improvement
- How does this differ from process mapping
- Introducing the key artefacts and the process
- The Challenges of the process
- The obstacles of introducing journey mapping
- Strategies to overcome this
- Planning your next steps
Personas and Demographics
- Understanding Patient Personas and Demographics
- The purpose of personas in patient journey mapping
- Interviews and patient research: Best practice and ideas
- How to synthesize and present qualitative data
- Activity: Using the Lessons Learned from the previous session start building personas for your patients.
Patient Journey Mapping in Practice
- Patient Journey Mapping in Practice
- What are the questions you need to ask yourself before you begin
- Understanding the main elements of your map: actions, needs and pains, touchpoints, feelings, questions, variations, opportunities
- Activity: Apply concepts from the previous session start building a patient journey map based on one persona.
- An Introduction Creating a Service Blueprint
- The purpose of service blueprinting
- How to tackle a blueprint
- Stakeholder engagement and involvement
- Activity: Apply the concepts from the previous session start building a service blueprint.