Change Management for
12 and 19 July 2023 | 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM AEST | Online
How IT Managers can Optimise Adoption and Address Resistance
According to McKinsey & Company, a whopping 70% of digital transformations fail. And a recent BCG survey reveals 75% of transformation efforts don’t deliver the anticipated results.
Why? Technology project goals are often improperly defined and poorly communicated. This frightens and frustrates employees. Instead of adoption, you get resistance, misalignment across departments and competing interests without common goals. Change management (or lack of ) can make or break modernisation initiatives. However sometimes its not a key focus but is a part of the project that you are in a crucial position to influence and make decisions on.
This online training course has been developed for IT leaders who are leading transformation and modernisation initiatives in the public sector. It will focus on strategic planning and communication skills to influence and drive transformation forward. It will address the common challenges that IT specialists encounter and. In addition it will investigate some of the recurrent break points that cause projects to fail.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Directors, Assistant Directors, Managers, Project Managers, Leads in charge of transforming all three levels of government including:
ICT, IT, Technology, Technology Operations
Understand the principles of change management
The role of change management in driving technology innovation
Communicating goals and engaging with stakeholders
Pre-empting and addressing resistance
Meet Your Facilitator
Strategist, Facilitator, Business Partner
Caz McLean Consulting
Caz McLean is a highly experienced senior executive recognised for her expertise in leadership, strategy, culture, innovation, and service improvement. She has master’s degrees in business administration, strategic foresight, and social policy, 20 years’ experience in Local Government, and extensive experience as a management consultant.
As an expert strategist and facilitator, Caz works in partnership with clients to inspire creative thinking in solving complex problems. Caz facilitates collaborative processes to design and deliver innovative solutions for a sustainable future. Caz’s expertise covers various areas such as review processes, strategy design, training programs, and expert facilitation.
Caz prioritizes building internal capability by taking clients and their team on the journey and delivering efficient and effective outcomes aligned with business goals and objectives.
Principles of Change Management
- The Dynamics of Change
- Drivers of change
- The stages of change management
- An overview of the challenges, resistance and risk
- The Role of Change Management in Innovation
- Identifying, planning and implementing new technology
- Managing the impact of change on people, processes and technology
- Creating a culture of change
Frameworks and Strategy
- Building an insight into Frameworks and Methodologies
- Exploring different change management frameworks and methodologies
- How they relate to managing and monitoring change
- Key factors to consider
- Crafting a Strategy: Adopting a structured approach to change
- Identify objectives, scope, and stakeholders
- How to assess risks and impacts of the change
- The resources and capabilities needed to implement the change successfully
- Suggested Activity:
Apply the learning from today’s session to start crafting a change management strategy
Navigating Resistance and Adoption
- Unlocking Resistance
- Uncovering the main reasons for resistance to change
- Identifying areas of potential resistance
- Addressing resistance through effective communication, engagement, and support
- Enabling Adoption among Internal Stakeholders and External Stakeholders
- Identifying and analysing stakeholders
- Building support for the change
- Potential issues and risks
- Monitoring and Analysing Progress
- Tracking and evaluating progress
- Defining metrics and KPIs
- Allowing for adjustments
- Planning for Continuous Improvement
- Reviewing progress
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Next steps
- Suggested Activity:
Apply the learning from today’s session to start setting up a plan to identify the areas of potential resistance and strategies to address it.