Advancing Whole-Of-Government Data Ecosystem Transformation
With the first year of the revised and refreshed Government Data Strategy and developments of national initiatives in artificial intelligence (AI), such as the Algorithm Charter adoption underway, NZ’s whole-of-government data, and AI developments are gaining great momentum.
As a key driver for exponential and technological transformation globally, advancing data systems and AI algorithm continue creating public sector opportunities for innovation, systems optimisation, and productivity. However, this also means that the continued navigation of shared challenges around ethics, safety, infrastructure, competing priorities, leadership, and capability is paramount to the public sector and societal uptake, benefit, and success.
This in-person executive event is dedicated to Aotearoa NZ’s public sector agency and department leaders and practitioners. We gather with the ultimate aim of leveraging the best in data and AI to inform better policy, support a more productive, eco-socially sustainable, and inclusive economy, and deliver more effective and accessible public services and outcomes.
A Sneak Peek of Your Inspiring Speakers
Deputy CE, Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery
Statistics New Zealand
Director Agency Partnerships
The Department of Internal Affairs
Chief Data Officer
Tertiary Education Commission NZ
Principal Advisor Information & Data Governance
Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities
Deputy Commissioner, Information and Intelligence Services
Inland Revenue NZ
Dame Diane Robertson
The New Zealand Data Trust
General Manager Māori – Te Tumu Houkura
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) NZ
The Public Sector Data and AI Executive Event features the latest initiatives throughout NZ; sharing insights via keynote presentations, leading case studies and networking opportunities.
Addressing the Future of Public Sector Data & AI Innovation in New Zealand
AI and The Future of New Zealand
The NZ Government Data System, Strategy & Roadmap
GCDS, Digital Public Service Strategy, Algorithm Charter, Te Tiriti – Bringing it all together
• What is the current state of awareness, adoption, and integration of the individual but complementary national strategies?
• How can we approach the issues of complexity, silos, and disparate streams of focus, and apply this to our organisational strategies into 2022?
• How can we leverage data sharing for public social, economic, and environmental wellbeing and equality?
Aotearoa Data & AI – Our Next Steps
• What is the potential of open data, open-source, and data-sharing internally, externally, and to the public?
• How do we incorporate Te Tiriti into our data and digital systems design?
• What needs to happen for a seamless data exchange culture, a cohesive innovative effort, and responsible data sharing capability across Aotearoa?
• What does the longer-term future of the New Zealand data system look like, and what are our practical next steps in preparation?
View the agenda for the full speaker lineup, sessions and event timeline
Keeping You Safe
2 Grey Street, Wellington Central
Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Public Sector Network will closely monitor COVID-19 regulations in accordance with the advice from the NZ Government and local health authorities to ensure the safety of everyone attending the event physically. In addition, we will be working closely with the venue to ensure precautionary measures are in place. To support contact tracing, and to comply with the regulations and guidelines set by the New Zealand Government and Ministry of Health New Zealand, the event will keep a record of all attendee details attending.